3 cups whole wheat flour
1 cup chickpea flour
½ teaspoon ajmo (oregano seeds? Or celery seeds?)
1 ½ tablespoon mithu (salt)
1 ½ teaspoon marchu (cayenne pepper)
2 teaspoon dhanaa jiru
¼ teaspoon hardar (turmeric)
1/8 teaspoon hing (asafetida)
½ cup pani (water)
4 tablespoon tel (oil)
1. Mix the whole wheat & chickpea flours, adding ajmo, salt, cayenne pepper, dhaanaa jiru, turmeric & asafetida.
2. Mix in enough water till it holds together.
3. Add 1 teaspoon of oil and bind it all together.
4. Break off into 1" balls and roll out to 6-8” .
5. In a heavy skillet, pan fry each one, brushing additional oil on each side.
6. Serve with yogurt and tea for breakfast, or a snack anytime. Good for traveling or picnics.
Kishor, from Kokila 11/1990