1 cup pani (water)
1 teaspoon saaker (sugar)
1 teaspoon mithu (salt)
1 packet yeast
2 cups all-purpose flour
3 tablespoon tel (oil)
1 tablespoon kalonji (onion seeds), optional
1 tablespoon tul (sesame seeds), optional
1. In a cup of warm water (115°F), add sugar, salt & yeast and let sit for 5 minutes.
2. Mix 2 tablespoon of oil into the floour.
3. Add enough of the yeasty water as needed to make a soft dough.
4. Add the 3rd tablespoon of oil and knead. Let the dough sit, covered, for ½ an hour.
5. Pre-heat oven to 400F.
6. Break off the dough and roll out to 10”.
7. Sprinkle on the onion or sesame seeds and bake for 10 minutes
8. Remove from oven, and let cool.
Source: Kokila & Kishor