1 cup badaam (almonds)
1 cup ravo (cream of wheat)
½ cup naariyel (coconut meat), grated
1 cup maavo (ricotta cheese)
1 tablespoon ? (poppy seeds)
½ teaspoon elchi (cardamom), slightly crushed
¼ teaspoon jaifal (ground nutmeg)
1 cup saaker (sugar)
1. Blanche, peel and grate the almonds to the consistency of cream of wheat.
2. In a non-stick pan, roast the cream of wheat, almonds, coconut and set aside.
3. In the same pan, cook the ricotta cheese until it looses it’s moisture and begins to turn pink. Remove from heat and let cool.
4. Mix the two, adding poppy seeds, cardamom & nutmeg. Spread the mix to a ½” thick layer in a flat dish.
5. Finally, in a small saucepan, heat the sugar with some water over low heat. Keep testing the syrup for done-ness by dropping a drop on a plate. If the drop hardens immediately, the syrup is done. This should happen at about 240F.
6. Pour the syrup over the cooling pan and let cool.
7. When cool, cut up into 2” pieces.