1 cup saaker (sugar)
3 cups pani (water)
10 strands kesar (saffron), mixed into some milk to soften
1 ½ cups powdered milk
¾ cup Bisquick
4 tablespoon ghee (clarified butter)
1 teaspoon elchi (cardamom powder)
some whipping cream
enough tel (oil) for deep-frying
1. Make single-strand sugar syrup on low heat with the sugar, water.
2. Warm milk (?) and put saffron for 10 minutes to dissolve. Add saffron (with milk?) to the syrup. Keep syrup on very low heat to keep it warm.
3. Mix the powdered milk & Bisquick. Add the clarified butter & cardamom. Add just enough whipping cream to make a soft dough. Roll into ½” balls.
4. Heat the oil. Fry the balls till they puff up and are golden brown.
5. After draining the excess oil, add the balls to the warm syrup. Keep turning each ball (or jamboo) in the syrup to evenly soak in the sweetness.
6. Can be served warm. If to be served cool, sprinkle on some rose petals and chill before serving.