1 ½ cups saaker (sugar)
¾ cup pani (water), or enough to cover the sugar
4 cups caaju (cashew nuts), grated
½ cup milk powder
½ teaspoon elchi (cardamom powder)
some ghee (clarified butter), to grease a flat dish
some silver foil, optional, for garnish
1. Make ek tar syrup using the sugar & water.
2. Mix the cashew nuts into the syrup.
3. Blend in the milk powder & cardamom powder.
4. Remove from heat and immediately spread to a ¼” layer in the greased dish. Spread the silver foil over the barfi.
5. While still warm, cut into diamond shapes.
6. When cool, lift them each piece and arrange in a serving plate.