Ugaadelaa Mug (Sprouted mung beans)
1 cup aakhaa mug-ni daal (whole mung beans)
6 tablespoon tel (oil)
5 cloves lasan (garlic), coarsely chopped
1 teaspoon rai (mustard seeds)
1 teaspoon jiru (cumin seeds)
¼ teaspoon hing (asafetida)
¼ teaspoon hardar (turmeric)
1 teaspoon dhaanaa jiru (powdered coriander & cumin seeds)
1 teaspoon mithu (salt)
1 cup pani (water)
1 teaspoon saaker (sugar)
½ tablespoon limbu (lemon juice)
1. Soak the mung beans overnight.
2. In the morning, drain & rinse in fresh water.
3. Leave the beans in a colander covered with a wet napkin for the day. Make sure that the napkin remains moist by occasionally spraying it with water. For longer sprouts, you’ll have to wait longer.
4. Heat oil in a non-stick pan, adding garlic, mustard seeds, cumin seeds & asafetida. Wait for the seeds to start popping.
5. Add the mung beans, turmeric, coriander-cumin, salt & water.
6. Stir fry, remove from heat and mix in lemon juice and sugar.