Tindoraa Batekaa (Tindoraa & Potatoes)
2 cups batekaa (potatoes), julienned
2 cups tindoraa, ends trimmed & quartered length-wise
4 tablespoon tel (oil)
¼ teaspoon rai (mustard seeds)
¼ teaspoon jiru (cumin seeds)
1/8 teaspoon hing (asafetida)
1 suku marchu (whole, dried pepper)
1 cup pani (water)
½ teaspoon marchu (cayenne pepper)
¾ teaspoon mithu (salt)
¼ teaspoon hardar (turmeric)
½ teaspoon dhaanaa jiru (powdered coriander & cumin seeds)
1 teaspoon saaker (sugar)
1. Heat oil. Add the oil, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, asafetida & whole dried pepper. Wait till the seeds start popping.
2. Add potatoes and tindoraa. Add water, cayenne pepper, salt, turmeric & coriander-cumin powder. Mix well.
3. Cover and cook for 5 minutes, until the potatoes & tindoraa are cooked through.
4. Reduce heat, add sugar and cook for another 5 minutes.
5. Serve with fresh rotli & plain yogurt.